I didn't get to attend the Hostetler reunion in 2008. But I heard it was enjoyable.
This year the reunion was held in Kidron, Ohio. I was able to attend and enjoyed seeing family members and got to visit with some of them. I was thrilled to hear that a cousin and an aunt are interested in reading up on family history. I haven't done any work in that area for some time, but am still interested.
A highlight of the reunion was the attendance by children of a brother of my grandfather. One of them spoke at length and shared stories of his work with an Indian tribe in Canada, and also a couple of stories of his grandfather, Abraham Hostetler. I will try to post those stories later.
A cousin, Paula, volunteered to organize the next reunion. My sister and I are interested in helping her with that. Paula has some great ideas for activities -- should be a lot of fun for people of ALL ages. Stay tuned . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment