I promise I'll get back to topic pretty soon. Actually, I may have to start another blog that's more personal (but still incognito). My "inner blogger" seems to have been set free.
OK, well, this is how we plan a long trip (over 1000 miles), made many times. First we set the departure date and make motel reservations and other necessary arrangements. Then we change the departure date. Always forward, never back (at least I don't remember any time we set it back). And change motel reservations and other necessary arrangements, to the extent possible. Then, while we're on the trip, we change at least one town we're going to stay in. How's that for flexible?
Oh yes, then this last trip, we got to one motel earlier than check-in time. "Don't know if any rooms are clean yet, the maid hasn't gotten back with me." Idea is to return in 2 1/2 hours. As I return to the car, DH goes in search of the maid. Delivers the news to the front desk that there are 10 rooms ready, including the room we usually take. Delivers the news to me that I can go check in, which I do. We lug a load to the door of the room. The keys don't work. DH brings another load while I go off to get the keys corrected. Come back with a second set, and now a small mound of belongings at the door to the room. These keys don't work either. Oh, did I mention I blew my top? What I really want to do is go cancel the room, and go to another motel. DH advises moderation. He will go get the maid, who had been in the hospital just the previous day and seems to be working by herself, to descend the stairs and open the door for us, which is what we did. She took the keys and went off to see the manager. Later we heard other doors being tried. Finally, the manager comes with one key that she and DH can get to work on the door. I never manage to get it to work.
And that's how we plan a trip!
2 comments:
I think the key issue would have set me off too! Hope the rest of the trip goes more smoothly!
It did. We arrived safely. I learned to tuck my shirt up into the rolled up window to keep from getting steamed by the beautiful sun. Don't know why I've never thought of that before.
Post a Comment